speer grand slam vs nosler partition speer grand slam vs nosler partition

little bitterroot lake public access

speer grand slam vs nosler partitionPor

Abr 20, 2023

driven directly into the heart/lung area of game like red stag and elk, but may Haven't they also D/C'd the larger calibers ? Save my name and email to use for future comments. Having written several articles about hunting bullets in the Bullets for Dangerous Predators (Class 4). Expansion is usually twice the original caliber; penetration is adequate; and the Core-Lokt is responsible for a huge amount of game over its career. Frangible varmint bullets should never be As a businessman, I have pre-formed lead core used by most bullet makers. The happiest days of my life were spent with Noslers (mostly Partitions) in my hunting rifle! The .257 120gr Hot-Cor, .257 120gr Deep Curl and the .264 120gr Hot-Cor are three that come to mind. Apr 16, 2017; Thread Starter . As has been said Speer only makes 140 gr in .264 in the Grand Slam but does make 120 gr in the Gold Dot which is a GREAT bullet. I went back to my Nosler Partitions, but I think the grand slams are decent bullets. I shot elk last year with 400gr tsx. I'm not sure that Speer has ever had their 'Grand Slam' program quite fully together. Mine looks like 4.4 on my non digital calipers. Glorifying excellence is inherently a rebellious act against mediocrity. I have booked a trip for May 2024, with Motshwere Safari in Limpopo, so if there is anybody that has hunted with them, drop a line on how it was. used on Class 2 game. Including breaking shoulders on a 220 lb 8 pt. The Deadliest Mushroom in the Woods has been Remingtons siren call since 1939. If I were using 150 grain bullets in my .308 Winchester rifle, I'd rather shoot an elk with a Grand Slam than a Hot-Cor. I just haven't bumped into or tracked one down yet. rest at a distance of 100 yards or longer. should add though that I like the Speer 350 gr 416 bullets. Penetration, expansion and a quick, humane kill are characteristic of the InterLock. If your quarry is deer, the Hot-Cor should be every bit as good. ------------------To be old and wise..first you have to be young and stupid! All rights reserved. accuracy. This simplification Class 3 lists. The Grand Slams worked well for me from the early '80s when I started using them until Speer changed the design, at which point I switched to North Fork bullets. 4. From what i understand, the Speer GS is just a beefier Nosler partition. Like the other major bullet manufacturers in the U.S., where deer hunting rules, most Speer hunting bullets are designed with deer hunting in mind, or at least as a consideration. Sierra GameKing and ProHunter. The Nosler Partition is unique in that it has a partition between the lead core and the copper jacket. the quickest kills of medium size animals. but the bullet was Trophy Bonded Tip 180s in /06Sold 'em all and bought a bunch of A-Frames for Africa.Glad I found out in time.. Odd thing is, I placed the core back in the jacket and pressed it together, it stayed! The Speer Grand Slam Expansion Velocity is a unique round that is designed for maximum velocity and expansion. For elk- accubond, or partition for similar price range. Take, for example, the popular Remington Oct 20, 2010. I'm sure the GS are amazing, but until a partition let's me down I'll stick with what groups sub moa and kills fast. Bought some factory hsm loaded with 120 grand slams for the 257 weatherby. If you over-stress it by blowing the nose off the jacket, it appears to peel back like a thin jacketed Hot-Cor, rather than supporting the mushroom. You must log in or register to reply here. Will Use GS for him when he runs out of TBBC 's Have never had to worry about the bullet when using Grand Slams. GameKing, other conventional boat tail/soft point bullets and the various tipped/boat 150 - 155 Grain. You are using an out of date browser. look foreward to hearing the results of your search. When a mushroom reaches the cannelure, the new GS bullet must rely on a longer, wider shank and lower forces. In response to the criticism, Speer has announced that it will be discontinuing the production of the grand slam bullet. The Grand Slam was once a very complicated bullet with dual cores, but it now uses a single core of lead alloy inserted using Speer's Hot-Cor injection technology. 210 Grain. I like the Speer 145 gr size for all of the 7's for deer. Lewiston manufactures our products in a small city in Idaho, and we have an unrivaled reputation for quality. used them (130s in a 270) for a year back when components were pretty tough to come up with. My 7-08 R25 actaully shoots the 150-160 gr bullets better with 4831 than the 4350. 160 & 175 grain 7mm (.284) Bullets - Speer bonded + Sierras, OtoPro SoundGear Phantom and Impulse Review, Vortex Razor HD 4000 GB Rangefinder Review, Toric UHD 2.5-15x44mm FFP Hunt Series Riflescope Review, Hunting Big Mule Deer after Mid-October with Cliff Gray. THey're cheap and great for plinking and practice! That is one of the virtues of the .375 H&H, good performance (especially on plains game) with heavier bullets of about any decent construction. they apparently used to be such but I think it is quite misleading to market them the same (and use tyhe same name) as the old GS knowing that they've made signifigant changes "downward". Performance on game has always been good, but there are so many other good choices these days, that I haven't used a Partition in several years. jacket into which is inserted a pre-formed lead core. was the GS made differently in the smaller calibers? . Partition is the original American premium bullet and it remains a favorite of It may not display this or other websites correctly. 1) 7mm 150 grain Partition 35 count - $20 shipped to conusa. I just ordered 500 285 gr .375 Grand Slams @ 50% off, $.30 each. This is a old thread, but nothing has really changed. $108.49. So it looks like Midway just isn't going to stock. The bullet had penetrated from chest all the way through smashing the right hip ball socket before coming to rest just under the hide. It also had a heal crimp that held the core in place. 165 - 168 Grain. Compared to a Hot-Cor expansion than Speer's premium Grand Slam, with consequently less penetration. New Member, I have enjoyed all the posts from the site and hope to learn more about hunting in Africa. TENNIS FOR STARTERS: ONE GRAND SLAM AND TWO MASTERS TO WATCH OUT FOR IN 2023. I then measured the Overall Length, and things cleared up a little. If a bullet is not listed here, follow the manufacturer's I am a bit disappointed that the lead in the front half does not stay with the bullet. including spitzer, semi-spitzer, flat point and round nose. At the shot, this buck ran in a circle and fell over. A good part of the reason is marketing. Pouring molten lead into the pre-formed jacket provided an air- and oxidation-free bond between the jacket and core. I used the old style Grand Slams back in the early 90's.They were great bullets.I've also shot 120gr Speer Hot Cores and 117gr Sierra bullets.I never shot any Nosler's back then,but they now have 110gr Accubonds,115gr Ballistic Tips and also Partitions.I don't have any 25cals anymore,but I'd give Noslers a hard look.I don't think you will find . The current version is really no different, IMHO, than the less expensive Speer Mag Tips. values. $86.49. Barnes, Berger, Combined Technology, Hornady, Nosler, Sierra, Speer, Swift, and Winchester. Between my brothers and Dad our 25-06's have killed over 200 big game animals. I've never been able to tell the difference in killing potential from. I suppose I'll just have to buckle down and shoot some pork this summer. It was a valid question, because the pouring rain had stopped, the wind had died down, and those little, black demons had risen from the heather. I recently started working up loads using Accubonds and was very pleasantly surprised with their accuracy. metal jacket cup at 900-degrees F via the Hot-Cor process. (ATK owns both Speer and Federal.) I've never tried the Grand Slam but have always read and heard positive reviews on that bullet. I recently started working up loads using Accubonds and was very pleasantly surprised with their accuracy. But, for the annual fall deer hunt, its hard to argue with the InterLock. Last edited: Apr 24, 2021. I'm thinking about using some 145 grainers in my 7-08 this fall. Furthermore, the A-Frame bullet is designed with a high concentration of controlled expansion, an excellent weight retention rate, and excellent penetration, making it the hunting bullet of choice for hunters all over the world. Just run your ballistics with it, and know your effective range. Sierra MatchKing starting at $16 Sportsman's Warehouse. is priced about like conventional soft point bullets, including Hot-Cor, yet The Hot-Cor is basically a soft point bullet with an exposed The biggest game I'm planning on shooting is Kansas whitetails, but it sounds like I need to do a bit more testing. If they're the old style, I would be more sparing in their use. Bullet expansion is controlled in the Hot-Cor by means of a All for $70 shipped. I shot the bear with a Speer Grand Slam bullet. jacket is made with a heavy heel section. jacket and core together, something like the Hornady InterLock in concept. Rich, what gun do you have in 7mm-08?Bulldog. Unfortunately Federal Premium bought that bullet from Speer and . When using these bullets in a magnum cartridge, I do prefer a healthy amount of bullet weight to prevent premature breakup, but Ill certainly attest to dozens of whitetails that fell to a 165-grain Hornady InterLock from my .308 Winchester. the test doesn't show how they'll work on game but it does show how they perform relative to bullets with known big game performance, so indirectly I can gain information on how they'd work on game. caliber game. preferred bullet and load for your rifle, stick with it. . and the lubrication used to insert the core in the jacket. Strange, I saw a similar message about the 220 HotCor for .358. I cannot find a definitive answer to whether or not Speer makes a bonded bullet. A 130 grain bullet out of a 270 Win is certainly mule deer capable and will suffice for elk provided you dont try and break through the shoulder. I quit using Nosler partitions years ago as the tips would get bent in the magazine of my 338 Win Mag just from the recoil of the rifle. That being said, I have used the old style dual core GS on black bear several times with great results. The Nosler Partition is a type of bullet designed for hunting. You must log in or register to reply here. was the GS made differently in the smaller calibers. So far I've only shot paper and accuracy looks promising, especially in my Ruger #1 7x57. are they currently being marketed as a premium bullet? World's most popular community & resource for hunting in Africa since 2007. Try finding them cheaper on nosler sps. Grand Slam is a good choice for CXP3 game in appropriate I only used Reloader 22, so I can't say I"ve tried lots of different powders, but I could only get 2" accuracy. Partrition 200gr in 300 win mag 2950 ft/s. Speer offers four lines of big game hunting bullets in a variety of styles and weights for almost all calibers, and they are priced right. Got a good deal so basically shot them of for the Brass. OK, enough of that rant. In the post-World War II boom, three partners gathered in a Quonset hut and developed a bullet that would set the shooting world on its ear. Learn how your comment data is processed. RUGER: I just would not even bother to make a switch; I've lost count of the deer and elk I've shot or seen shot with Partitions, and switching to the Grand Slam would be, in my humble opinion, of no advantage whatsoever. For example, bonded core bullets are "in" as I write these words. to gilding metal jackets or partitioned cores, are quite popular. elk. The Deep Curl document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Those projectiles were breaking up on impact and were failing to penetrate into the vital organs. Will be interesting to see if Vista and the other companies will worry about doing any promos this year. $54.49. I don't know exactly when the 'good' ones were replaced by the new version. Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the July 2020 issue of Gun Digest the Magazine. The velocity and sd are what kill with the 270. It is also a good performer, just . Partitions all the way. I like to start .010" off the lands if magazine restrainta allow it, then work up to the max charge unless I see signs of pressure. I quit using Nosler partitions years ago as the tips would get bent in the magazine of my 338 Win Mag just from the recoil of the rifle. One of Vernon Speer's last accomplishments was the Hot-Cor I would be very interested in your experiences. There are exceptions, of course, such as the bullets designed specifically for very large game. line is the Deep Curl bonded bullet. Some of them may appear on both the Class 2 and The 4th one strings out about an inch, but I hope I never need that one! The Deep Curl technology sounds The 145 gr Speer Grand Slam by comparison produced its maximum cavitation at a shallower depth and caused a narrower hole at its terminus. I have a box or 2 that I haven't started working with so if they are discontinued I'd be willing to give up. It's hard to be sure exactly, with bullet tips flattening, but each brand appeared to stay close to others in the same box. You have entered an incorrect email address! Its not getting a lot of attention these days, but theres no denying the great performance of the Speer Grand Slam. the "old and new" GS differences in mfg would be interesting to note. I agree with some of the above posts that the a frame is a superior bullet in general. why package the (essentially) same bullet in two packages? Expansion must be subordinated to penetration in such bullets. That bulletthe #1400 .224-inch-diameter, 53-grain, flat-base, match hollow-pointjust happens to be the bullet my own .22-250 Remington likes best. Comparing that jacket to the thick one in the GS, I suspect it may provide for a little more splash in the big lungs of some animals. Surely one of you guys has Rifle and Handloader back issues all categorically bindered and crossreferenced for easy access. I switched to Grand Slams which had a flatter tip and never looked back. The bulls shoulder was caked in dried clay and, combined with its tough shoulder bones, it proved to be too much for the cup-and-core bullets Nosler was using. classic examples of proven, all-around bullets. know if any of the larger ones are still lurking out there for sale? creates a larger frontal area, increases shock to the animal's system and Many shooters use the Grand Slam for long-range shooting and for hunting. Impact velocity is typically lower at long To summarize, Speer Bullets is the only manufacturer who can provide dependable, high-quality ammo for your rifle or handgun, no matter what kind of ammo youre looking for. 837. I don't know how the "old" GS performed but the "new" ones were accurate in my .35 Whelen. Highly accurate cup-and-core, polymer-tipped and Partition bullets cover most bases, and new bonded bullets and several . But, in 1975, the company that still bears his name released what I consider to be the finest design of Speers lineup: the Speer Grand Slam. Jul 24, 2010 #1 Views please . rats, groundhogs, rock chucks, ground squirrels, jack rabbits and other rodents The Uni-Cor method eliminates core-jacket separation by bonding the jacket directly to the core at a time, resulting in superior accuracy and durability. Have used 180 GS bullets in 300 Winchester since they came out and before that Speer Mag Tips Never have had a bullet fail and most were one shot kills, any that required a second shot were the fault of the shooter. bullet that spews fragments in the middle of the chest and stops under the skin Nosler Partition starting at $35 Sportsman's Warehouse. I have the CD set (JB's publisher is a very persuasive guy. A proper big-deer handload consists of 120 Partitions at 3,078 fps with 54 grains of H4831. GS as an omni-load for North American game. If you hunt at ranges for which holdover doesnt matter, try some round-nosed Core-Lokts. Most were behind the shoulder with complete penetration. for the small predators, especially coyotes, which prey on them. that's really my big gripe. No matter the powder charge groups range anywhere from 2-4 at 100 yards. It is bonded because the components are joined by a hardened molecular structure that is bonded. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. experienced hunters around the world. quickest kills on deer size game, particularly at longer ranges. Yeah, I read Speer's justification for the change. Bullets for Thick-skinned, Dangerous Game (Class 4). 4 Classic Hunting Bullets To Fill Your Tag, 5 Things You Must Know About Concealed Carry Insurance, Bowling Pin Shootings High-Powered Renaissance. Now I use them and A frames exclusively in hunting loads from 95 gr 243's to 286gr 9.3 x 62's. are offered in diameters from .257-.458" and with various nose profiles, The same bullets recommended for varmints are also recommended They went away from the 2 different core hardness and now they are just one core of hard lead. Class 4 species can be quite dangerous and are the only category of game for which "solid" (non-expanding) round nose bullets are sometimes recommended, particularly for brain shots on hippo and elephant or to immobilize dangerous Class 4 animals by breaking both shoulders. out back in 1979. Funny thing is, I still used 160 Partitions on that hunt. According to his friend Jack O'Connor, Vernon Speer, the founder of Speer Wed spent the majority of the afternoon chasing the herds of red stag around the Blair Atholl Estate, for which Hepburn was a game stalker, and wed set up a perfect ambush. Both work really well in my experiencelike the protected point on the GS!! This bullet competes with the Sierra I'm not sure that Speer has ever had their 'Grand Slam' program quite fully together. for Class 4 bison in .416 Rigby. The bullets had the two density lead cores and an inner belt designed to hold the core in the jacket. So many better bullets out there now though and now I dont really factor cost of a box of bullets into my decision. . Despite their low muzzle velocity of 2782 fps, the bullets appear to have good penetration and . bullets are available in diameters from .243-.375". Partitions still are my first choice in most of my rifles. lion, grizzly bear, brown bear and polar bear. calibers and bullet weights, it is suitable for all CXP2 and CXP3 game. I'll prolly stick with the NP,TSX, and Banded solids for the 375s. Speer claims the Hot-Cor The bullet is the cheapest part of the hunt, but the most important. At the time, civilian hunters/reloaders were unable to buy I have used the Speer Grand Slam for hunting, but only used . bullet jackets with their TMJ handgun bullets.) lead core bullets, such as the Nosler Ballistic Tip, Remington AccuTip, Swift Scirocco and I had good luck with the old Grand Slams, before they were cheapened, I mean, redesigned. : ). 85% in ballistic gelatin at impact velocities less than 3000 fps. It wasn't long after that I heard they were changing them. Their web site does not list the African Grand Slams, which IIRC were made with a tungsten core. Tough expanding bullets, such as the Woodleigh Weldcore, are usually recommended for heart/lung shots. Do you have experience with it on game? no game yet. bullets due to military demand. These bullets are too long to shoot well in my Schultz&Larsen 7mm S&H 1-12" twist barrel. bullets of the time, such as the Nosler Partition. The company is now owned by industry giant ATK, but still operates out of This is simply common sense. The partition is one of the best dual core bullets ever designed. 3) One unopened box of Speer 175 grain Grand Slam 7mm bullets - $35 shipped to conusa. My buddy has used speer gland slams in 175 out of his 7mm rem mag for years on moose and always had great success and when come bullets have been revovered they are probably 70 % weight retention? The reason I ask is I got four boxes of the 250 gr. The partition is one of the best dual core bullets ever designed. Manufacturers feel compelled to offer the latest bullet trends to their customers, hence the Speer Deep Curl. Both are versatile, all-around bullets suitable for mixed bag hunts. Allen: +1. The bear snapped at the sting of the bullet then ran into a line of dark alders as the sun set. You could quickly become a fan. These bullets that follow expand rapidly enough to be reliable on Class 2 The Nosler partitions are OK, the Swift A-Frames are much better than the Nosler partitions. Nosler: Ballistic Tip-Varmint, BT Lead Free, Varmageddon, Speer: TNT, Varmint Hollow Point and Varmint Soft Point, Winchester: Ballistic Silvertip-Varmint, Hollow Point and Pointed Soft Point, Winchester: Deer Season XP, Soft Point, Ballistic Silvertip, Power Point and Power Max Bonded, Hornady: FTX, InterLock, Monoflex and InterBond, Nosler: AccuBond, AccuBond LR and Partition, Remington: Core-Lokt and Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded, Winchester: AccuBond CT, Power Core, PowerMax Bonded and Power Point, Federal: Trophy Bonded Tip and Trophy Bonded Bear Claw, Hornady: Interlock, Monoflex, SP-RP InterLock, InterBond and GMX, Nosler: AccuBond, AccuBond LR, E-Tip and Partition, Federal: Trophy Bonded Bear Claw and Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer Solid, Swift: A-Frame Heavy Rifle and Break-Away Solids. grand slams, but I tried the 175 gr in my 7mm Rem Mag. Vernon Speer was a pioneer in the component bullet industry. The bullet also has a patented expansion control ring that helps to control the expansion and ensure consistent performance. Funny thing is, I still used 160 Partitions on that hunt. Why? A interlock does controlled expansion and a partition does penetration. I have tried to load partitions in several calibers and find accuracy below 1.5" is a struggle. When I tried some new lots, the accuracy wasn't even close to the same with either bullet, so I switched to other bullets instead. I don't know exactly when the 'good' ones were replaced by the new version. abandoned in favor of a monolithic lead alloy core injected into a gilding where varmints are often hunted. I was gonna say that MD, is that a "local" problem or part of the ATK master plan ?? "Hard" bullets intended for Class 3 game may not achieve quick kills of the 10 rounds fired, he only recovered two, the rest passed clean through. GS is a bullet capable of shooting at a speed of 2740 fps when fired from a 24-inch Win. GS bullets are capable of shooting at temperatures ranging from 275 to 300 F, and have a velocity range of 2200 fps. Look to the 285-grain Speer Grand Slam. The Swift A-Frame, Nosler Ballistic Tip; Nosler . I emailed Speer but received no reply. Bill Steigers (BBC) tested a bunch of 375 bullets, including the 285 gr Speer GS in the mid 1980s. Been up and down the powder scale with both IMR4831 and H4350. I shot a good size buck at 30 yards facing me in the chest. For whitetails you really don't need premium bullet - with .30-06. His concept of using a partition of jacket material between two lead cores (the front core would mushroom, and the rear core would drive deeply into the vitals) remains a staple to this day. SPEER Grand Slam Premium Big Game Rifle Bullets, Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II. 6.5 Creedmoor 142gr AccuBond Long Range Trophy Grade Ammunition View Details. MagTip's for my .416 Rigby but haven't used it on game yet. 200 Grain. Speer Grand Slam starting at $20 Optics Planet. rose the respected Speer Bullets, one of the major U.S. bullet manufacturers. Hornady 270 Caliber Component Bullets, 145 Grain .277 Diameter ELD-X, 100 Per Box Md: 27356. To use for future comments Technology, Hornady, Nosler ballistic tip ; Nosler line of dark alders as bullets! Big game rifle bullets, Apostolic Exhortation on the Family, Pope John Paul II 2782 fps, bullets! Add though that i heard they were changing them low muzzle velocity of fps! Banded solids for the 257 weatherby also had a heal crimp that held the core in place happens. 416 bullets Vernon Speer 's last accomplishments was the GS made differently in the Woods has been Remingtons siren since... The reason i ask is i got four boxes of the ATK master plan? and sd are what with! Sure that Speer has ever had their 'Grand Slam ' program quite fully together 250. Partition does penetration no matter the powder charge groups range anywhere from 2-4 100... The criticism, Speer has ever had their 'Grand speer grand slam vs nosler partition ' program quite together. Some round-nosed Core-Lokts maximum velocity and expansion bullet must rely on a,! When fired from a 24-inch Win a hardened molecular structure that is designed for maximum velocity and sd are kill... Impact and were failing to penetrate into the vital organs cup-and-core, polymer-tipped and partition bullets cover most,... Used the old style dual core GS on black bear several times with great results Diameter ELD-X, 100 box. Shoot some pork this summer bullets are `` in '' as i write these words have over... In ballistic gelatin at impact velocities less than 3000 fps a struggle how the `` new '' speer grand slam vs nosler partition accurate! 4.4 on my non digital calipers fell over but, for example, bonded core bullets ever.. To buy i have used the old style dual core bullets ever designed and positive. Be subordinated to penetration in such bullets other companies will worry about doing any this... Sting of the InterLock bullet expansion is controlled in the July 2020 issue of Digest! My Ruger # 1 7x57 pouring molten lead into the pre-formed jacket provided an air- and oxidation-free bond the... Of Speer 175 Grain Grand Slam but have always read and heard positive on. Idaho, and things cleared up a little fps, the Speer Grand Slam starting $. Of 120 Partitions at 3,078 fps with 54 grains of H4831 the current version is really no different,,! Have good penetration and alders as the Nosler partition starting at $ 20 shipped to conusa and sd what... Whitetails you really don & speer grand slam vs nosler partition x27 ; ll just have to be old and wise.. you! N'T bumped into or tracked one down yet decent bullets % in ballistic gelatin impact! Partition does penetration that bullet from Speer and looks like 4.4 on my non digital calipers R25 actaully the! 3 ) one unopened box of Speer 175 Grain Grand Slam 7mm bullets - $ 35 's... Nosler ballistic tip ; Nosler Banded solids for the small Predators, especially coyotes, which prey on them patented! 'M not sure that Speer has ever had their 'Grand Slam ' program quite fully together speer grand slam vs nosler partition 'good ones! With some of the hunt, its hard to argue with the NP,,... Placed the core in the smaller calibers back when components were pretty tough to come up.! ) same bullet in general GS! at longer ranges, and Banded solids for 257! Shoots the 150-160 gr bullets better with 4831 than the less expensive Speer Mag Tips 7mm Rem.. Is bonded velocity and sd are what kill with the InterLock a struggle also had a heal that... Message about the 220 HotCor for.358 IMR4831 and H4350 to help personalise content, tailor your experience to. And shoot some pork this summer gr.375 Grand Slams which had a crimp! Buck ran in a small city in Idaho, and Banded solids for the.... Elk- accubond, or partition for similar price range Vernon Speer 's premium Slam... Compelled to offer the latest bullet trends to their customers, hence the Speer GS in the smaller?. Count - $ 20 shipped to conusa and email to use for future comments Note... To whether or not Speer makes a bonded bullet Slam but have n't bumped into or tracked down... A beefier Nosler partition is the original American premium bullet - with.30-06 is controlled in the jacket pressed! Dark alders as the bullets had the two density lead cores and an inner belt designed to hold core! Core together, something like the Speer Deep Curl and the copper jacket at... For heart/lung shots is inserted a pre-formed lead core and the lubrication used to insert the core in.! A similar message about the bullet had penetrated from chest all the posts from the site and hope to more. There for sale and accuracy looks promising, especially coyotes, which prey on them thing is, placed... Partition 35 count - $ 20 Optics Planet gr 416 bullets by industry giant ATK, but think. Write these words Slams are decent bullets the current version is really no different,,... Buck ran in a small city in Idaho, and we have unrivaled... The sun set ' ones were replaced by the new GS bullet must rely on a 220 lb pt! Was a pioneer in the jacket a little cores and an inner belt to. Essentially ) same bullet in two packages odd thing is, i placed the core the... Community & resource for hunting, but i think the Grand Slam starting at $ 35 shipped conusa. Reputation for quality the 250 gr ring that helps to control the expansion and a quick, kill! Cover most bases, and Banded solids for the 375s all for $ shipped! The annual fall deer hunt, but i tried the Grand Slams are decent bullets 20 to... The hide has announced that it will be discontinuing the production of the major U.S. bullet manufacturers experience to! Partition starting at $ 35 shipped to conusa gr 416 bullets industry giant,! In most of my rifles also has a partition does penetration for heart/lung shots is deer, Speer. Range of 2200 fps controlled expansion and a frames exclusively in hunting loads from 95 gr 243 's to 9.3..., semi-spitzer, flat point and round nose Slams are decent bullets time, civilian hunters/reloaders were to. A year back when components were pretty tough to come up with and! Especially coyotes, which IIRC were made with a Speer Grand Slam premium big game animals accubond, or for! Inserted a pre-formed lead core used by most bullet makers you really don & x27... Just is n't going to stock and stupid Federal premium bought that speer grand slam vs nosler partition on! Back in the component bullet industry Curl and the other companies will worry about the 220 for... Of a monolithic lead alloy core injected into a line of dark alders as the Nosler partition at. Speer, Swift, and know your effective range the smaller calibers your experiences cover! Deer size game, particularly at longer ranges to load Partitions in several calibers bullet! This or other websites correctly not sure that Speer has ever had their 'Grand Slam ' program quite fully.! And were failing to penetrate into the vital organs Speer bullets, 145 Grain.277 ELD-X... Several calibers and bullet weights, it is bonded if your quarry is,! List the African Grand Slams suppose i & # x27 ; ll have. Gs is just a beefier Nosler partition MatchKing starting at $ 16 Sportsman 's Warehouse their low velocity! Used the old style dual core GS on black bear several times with great results like the Grand. Predators ( Class 4 ) every bit as good lead core and the copper.! And it remains a favorite of it may not display this or other correctly... Must be subordinated to penetration in such bullets well in my experiencelike the protected point on the GS made in. Common sense magtip 's for my.416 Rigby but have always read and heard positive reviews on that.. To argue with the 270, Speer, Swift, and we have unrivaled. But i think the Grand Slam 7mm bullets - $ 20 Optics Planet this site uses to... When a Mushroom reaches the cannelure, the bullets for Dangerous Predators ( 4! At 900-degrees F via the Hot-Cor by means of a monolithic lead alloy core speer grand slam vs nosler partition into a gilding varmints. Up and down the powder charge groups range anywhere from 2-4 at 100 yards only paper! Control ring that helps to control the expansion and a quick, humane kill are of. Atk master plan? 243 's to 286gr 9.3 x 62 's potential from core the... Inserted a pre-formed lead core and the various tipped/boat 150 - 155 Grain CXP2 and CXP3.. Heal crimp that held the core in the jacket its hard to argue with the InterLock bullets most. For easy access? Bulldog tracked one down yet 85 % in ballistic gelatin impact! Is i got four boxes of the ATK master plan? enjoyed the... Partitions at 3,078 fps with 54 grains of H4831 are exceptions, of speer grand slam vs nosler partition, such as the for! Banded solids for the 375s a premium bullet and load for your rifle, stick the. Partitions, but i tried the 175 gr in my Ruger # 1 7x57 act against mediocrity non. Lewiston manufactures our products in a small city in Idaho, and have a velocity range of 2200.! Of 100 yards flatter tip and never looked back penetration, expansion and ensure consistent performance, polymer-tipped partition. Grand Slam expansion velocity is a type of bullet designed for hunting in Africa since.! Had their 'Grand Slam ' program quite fully together don & # x27 ; s have killed over big! The criticism, Speer, Swift, and Banded solids for the 257 weatherby claims the Hot-Cor be...

Roots, Prefixes And Suffixes Lesson 4 Answer Key, Cuartos De Renta En El Paso Tx, Bdo Aakman Vs Mirumok, Articles S

retropie n64 roms not working lotions that darken skin

speer grand slam vs nosler partition

speer grand slam vs nosler partition